OXO 9 cup coffee maker review
Looking for the oxo 9 cup coffee maker review well then here we started OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker is designed to regulate the brew time volume and water temperature.
There are three different variables that can make a cup of coffee easily.
All you need is to just add water and coffee beans and select the number of cups to brew and the machine will do everything else for you.
The oxo 9 cup coffee maker is known as an exemplary home brewer by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association) for delivering gold-standard rich coffee every time.
In this article we will see the oxo 9 cup coffee maker complete review and after reading this article you will be able to decide that will it be the best drip coffee maker list for you to buy.
But first let us see the pros and cons of oxo on barista brain 9 cup coffee maker.
- This coffee maker is SCAA Certified.
- It Makes Great Tasty Coffee.
- Freshness Counter
- OXO On Barista is available in 9 cup and 12 cup.
- It has easy, sleek interface
- Brew Pause Button Available
- Clearly marked transparent reservoir
- Pulse brew to mimic pour over
- 7-hole shower head for even saturation
The Oxo 9-Cup Coffee Maker brews consistent and drinkable pots of Joe. It’s attractive and easy to use.
- This coffee maker drip when carafe is removed.
- It brew coffee slowly.
- Carafe doesn’t pour the last few ounces of coffee
It’s expensive and brews slowly. It makes coffee that’s slightly bitter.
I loved using the Barista Brain with its sister grinder (also ambiguously named “Barista Brain”), because dosing was a complete breeze. I will explain why in a little bit, but let’s go over some features and specifications first.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||7.7500|
|Material||Stainless Steel and Plastic|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Reservoir Size||40.5 ounces|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
|Max/Min Ounces per Pot||45 ounces maximum | 10 ounces minimum|
|Available Carafe Styles||Stainless Steel|
- Removable silicone internal mixing tube: Thoroughly blends brewed coffee in the carafe, ensuring that the first and last sips are equally delicious.
- Intuitive led Interface: a backlit screen that displays the status of the freshness indicator and coffee maker.
- Dial/ OXO button: This is a single dial or button that allows users to program the number of cups to be brewed and a 24-hour start timer.
- 1 cup coffee scoop and 10 filters included in the package.
- Removable ‘Rainmaker’ showerhead: evenly disperses water over grounded coffee to create uniform saturation and maximum full flavor extraction.
- Soft non-slip handle: for easy pouring, this carafe provides a controlled non-slip grip.
- Vacuum-insulated carafe with brew-through lid: this Double-walled, stainless steel carafe keeps fresh coffee hot for longer hours.
- Detailed temperature control: heated water is retained at perfect coffee temperatures of 197.6-204.8° Fahrenheit
- Removable silicone Water Bridge: allows the flow of water from the reservoir to the brew
- Cone-shaped brew basket: the cone-shape ensures the grounding bed is in size for extraction of full flavor.
- Intelligent Microprocessor: The Barista Brain monitors every operations in order to achieve optimal results.
- Freshness Countdown – When the brew cycle is complete, a timer will count up the minutes (up to sixty) since the end of the cycle, so you know how fresh your cup o’ coffee will be.
- Pause and Pour – Removing the carafe during the brewing process triggers a pause, allowing you to pour a cup without a mess. Replace the carafe within 60 seconds to resume brewing.
- Wake-Up Timer – Set a time and this drip brewer will automatically start the cycle, so your brew is ready when you are!
- Easy Peasy – A small LED display and dial/button help you quickly and easily start the brewing process.
- Removable Mixing Tube – An silicone mixing tube blends the coffee throughout the carafe as it brews, so each cup is as tasty as the last.
- SCAA Certified – Brewing at the perfect temperature (197.6 degrees F – 204.8 degrees F), this coffee maker bears the SCAA stamp of approval.
OXO on brain barista 9 cup coffee maker complete review
One of the thing that i like about OXO On Barista Brain Coffee Make is that it is large, clearly marked, and transparent water reservoir.
It is easy to add water in the reservoir, plus, the transparent plastic allows you to easily see the water level and 2 to 9 cup markings in it.
It’s amazing because no coffee makers blow it with the water reservoir when it comes to these 3 considerations, so it was a relief to see that OXO got this right.
The coffee maker either dispenses 2-4 cups of water or 5-9 cups of water with its built-in serving size selector.
So this is basically like most auto drip coffee makers in that it simply dispenses all the water that is in the reservoir during a brew cycle.
OXO On Barista Coffee Maker Performance
The Oxo 9-Cup Coffee Maker has an art of sophistication, its ‘Barista brain’ system, designed with a microprocessor that maintains real-time brewing parameters: water flow speed, water temperatures and maintains target volume of brewed coffee plus the total time taken in brewing.
According to the Oxo, the barista brain chip is inbuilt in order to achieve and maintain optimal results by balancing it against ideal values.
However, sometimes the average heat levels inside the brewing chamber tend to swing to a wide 66.5 degrees F (138 F, 58.9 C to 204.4 F, and 95.8 C).
In addition, the thermal carafe keeps its contents hot (above 150 F, 66 C) optimally for a period of around 5 hours and 11 minutes (yes, we are that precise). The only other brewer that we tested and showed similar results was the Technivorm Moccamaster.
With a touch of elegance incorporated into its design, this 21st-century high-end Oxo coffee maker has a modern design that allows it to blend with just about anything offered by your kitchen counter.
Built from a mixture of black plastic and brushed stainless steel, a transparent reservoir with minimal adornments, this brewer comes out as a simple no-ordinary brewer with an extraordinary profile.
I found this luxurious brewer anything but short. Standing at 15 inches, it towers over most kitchen appliances, making it difficult to slide it under low-slung cabinets.
Its large cylindrical main section weighing at 45-ounce has a capacity to hold a (1.3 L) water tank on top and below house a heater assembly. Located to the tank’s right is the brew basket that allows access to type-4 cone paper filters. Beneath it sits the Oxo 9-Cup’s thermal carafe.
To enhance further this premium look, the brewer’s front has a recessed LED display that flushes at the main section’s curved surface.
In order to emphasize on its simple design, the brewer has only one physical control made of a circular dial that doubles as a push button.
Fortified with an out of this world intelligent microprocessor, this Oxo coffee system has the ability to monitor ambient temperatures during the brewing process. This is an integral feature to achieving great taste because it allows the chassis to undergo an optimal heating up process.
Another essential part the attainment of gloriously delicious taste is the Oxo’s ability to dose coffee grinds with water to perfection. The unit’s showerhead guarantees uniform saturation and extraction that leads to a brew filled with delicate flavors and aromas.
This art-like brewing process consistently produces a bold rich refined brew that will tease and beckon your taste buds to a delicious coffee experience you will never get the hang of.
If the taste is your first priority, this crème de la crème Oxo brewer should be the one thing giving life to your coffee mug.
The machine’s brewing cycle runs efficiently and effectively beyond expectations. This is because, after dispensing small amounts of hot water in order to soak the coffee grounds, brewing continues without a glitch after a short pause.
On average, the total time has taken ranges between 6-7 minutes when brewing a full pot. This is because you have the pleasure of enjoying a programmable auto start option.
However, if you decide to have a longer brewing cycle, your wish is its command as long as the timer is set. With this, you wake up to a sumptuous morning treat, as the Oxo machine will always dutifully prepare coffee for you by the time you get up.
Being a standard high-end drip coffee maker with a versatile system, Oxo has gone out of its comfort zone to build a high quality plastic and stainless steel that gives it an overall classic sturdy appearance.
Although it feels substantial, sleek and perfectly designed, its durability is not determined. However, with a two-year warrant, it is sure to guarantee your coin is well spent.
OXO Barista Cleaning & Maintenance Process
Cleaning the OXO On Barista Brain is a walk in the park.
Always ensure to use a damp cloth after each brewing process, when cleaning the carafe and the brew basket with mild detergent since they are not dishwasher safe. You can always use a mild detergent or an overnight soak when it comes to hard-to-remove stains.
In addition, removable connected plastic parts such as the filter basket, carafe head, showerhead, silicone water bridge, and plastic mixing tube used in the carafe can be dish washed. Hence, occasional cleaning is recommended in order to prevent residue buildup.
Descaling the machine gets rid of minerals from the water reservoir. This process takes approximately 60 minutes and the exciting part is that the OXO actually reminds you to do so by use of a red light after every 90 brews.
Ease of Use
Zero surprises here. Operating the Oxo On Brain Barista is quite straightforward and user-friendly.
All you have to do is choose how much coffee you need(2-4 or 5-9 cups) then kick-start the process by filling the water reservoir. Next, drop a brewers filter basket, mainly a standard type-4 paper and then add your coffee grounds. Finally, press the button at the dial center to start the machine. It is a snap!
Unfortunately, the Oxo lacks scale and it cannot automatically detect the volume of water in the tank. So, make sure to pay more attention to the water levels in the reservoir to ensure that there is enough for your desired brew size.
You can easily boss around the Oxo by specifying the exact time you need your coffee teasing your nose buds.
In case you have too many things on your mind, this particular Oxo unit has a set count-up timer that is designed to notify you how long your coffee has been waiting for you in the carafe.
The timer is set to go for an hour and it is quite useful if you hate chilled coffee.
Drinking coffee like a barista requires one to have a barista brain such as the Oxo. Seriously, if you like a manual pour over coffee maker but always wake up to lazy mornings, do not think twice about this one.
However, if you are not too fussy about tastes and do not have a spacious counter space, this would not be a smart buy.
If you like a little bit of control, I would highly recommend the Bonavita BV1900TS which takes up less counter space, brews faster and better at the same price range.